16 Things My Parents Said On My Wedding Day That Made Me Feel I’m Blessed To Have Them
A wedding is one of the most important milestones in anyone’s life. It changes a lot of things, not necessarily in your lifestyle, but in your relations. You become a part of one more family, with new life, new bonds and new moments waiting ahead. But, do you know about another milestone that holds a similar significance? It’s your children’s wedding.
A wedding is not just about the bride and the groom. It’s a big day for parents too. They see their children growing up and starting a new life with someone they love. They want to say so many things, but all they do is see us basking in happiness. Yet, there are few things my parents told me on my wedding day, that I’ll never forget.
1. “Extend the same love and understanding to his parents as you did to us.”
There should be no change in behaviour or respect towards your in-laws.
2. “These aren’t two families. We all are one big family.”
Your marriage has made our family even bigger!
3. “My blessings will stay with you forever; wherever you are, whatever you do.”
4. “Nothing is going to change…”
You are still going to be my daughter, and he is going to be my son. You are not losing a family. You are gaining one.
5. “You can’t recognize good times if you don’t have bad ones. So always support each other in good and bad equally.”
Any relationship is not full of just happy moments. There will be highs and lows, and you have to stand by each other to face everything with courage and love.
6. “Always have each other’s back in public. Never belittle your spouse.”
You can have disagreements in your house. But stand together with each other selflessly before the world.
7. “Always love him unconditionally. Like you love me…”
There is no give and take. Just love, without any condition.
8. “Judge less. No one in the world is perfect.”
Don’t keep grudges, and learn to forgive and forget. Love your partner for all their perfect imperfections.
9. “Good things don’t happen by chance; learn to respect each other’s decisions, differences, and point of views.”
Do not take anything for granted. Ever.
10. “Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.”
Don’t ever exaggerate problems. It will bring unnecessary obstructions.
11. “Be willing to lose arguments. You don’t always have to be right.”
There is no winning or losing when it comes to your partner. You don’t have to prove anything to anyone.
12. “Your heart is your best compass. Always listen to it.”
It is very important for both the partners to be happy in a relationship. Both of you should respect and love each other equally. And if you feel that comfort and respect lacking, then don’t hesitate in taking a step which is right for you.
13. “It’s not about the amount of money you spend on a gift; it’s about the thought that goes into something.”
Money should be the last item on your priority list.
14. “Do not ever try to change your spouse.”
Accept your partner exactly as they are today. Otherwise, they won’t be the people you fell in love with.
15. “Life is too unpredictable for rigid expectations.”
A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
16. “Learn to let go of things.”
Do not hold any grudge, ever.
I’ll never forget these lines. It just made an already special day, even more special.
I love you, Mom and Dad. <3
Source : http://www.storypick.com/