10 Super Rich People Whose Humility Would Surprise You
When we think of some of the richest people on Earth, we automatically think about the luxuries they can enjoy. It is true that many millionaires and billionaires enjoy a life we can only envy, yet there are some who still lead a very modest life. These people don’t believe in luxuries that come with all the money as a motivating factor, rather they believe that real luxury lies in simplicity.
Here are some of the richest people on Earth, who surprisingly lead a very simple life.
1. Warren Buffett – CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
He still lives in the Omaha, Nebraska, in a home he bought more than 50 years ago.
2. Ingvar Kamprad – Founder of IKEA
The Ikea billionaire buys second-hand clothes and only flies economy.
3. Azim Premji – Chairman of Wipro
Instead of expensive cars he prefers the auto rickshaw and also keeps a tab even on the number of toilet paper used in his offices.
4. Narayana Murthy – Co-founder of Infosys
The Infosys founder often takes the company bus with all his other employees.
5. Mark Zuckerberg – CEO of Facebook
The young billionaire still drives a simple Acura and wears the same type of clothes to work every day.
6. Chuck Feeney – Founder of The Atlantic Philanthropies
He always orders for the second-cheapest wine from the wine list. He does not own a house and wears a watch that cost him less than ten dollars.
7. Carlos Slim Helu – Chairman and Chief executive of telecommunications companies Telmex and América Móvil.
He still lives in the same modest six-bedroom house he has owned for the past 30 years, and still drives himself to work.
8. Amancio Ortega – Founder and Chairman of the Inditex Fashion Group.
Quite ironically the owner of Zara wears only a blue blazer, white shirt and gray pants every day. He goes to the same coffee shop and eats with his employees at the cafeteria.
9. Jim Walton – Chairman of Arvest Bank and youngest son Sam Walton, founder of Walmart.
He still drives a 15-year-old Dodge Dakota and runs his business from an old brick building.
10. Charlie Ergen – Chairman of Dish Network
He still brings his lunch packed in a brown bag. While on business tours, he even shares the Hotel room with his employees.
Source : www.storypick.com